New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
DIVISION: Executive Committee
ORGANIZATION: New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
To assist the President in carrying out NYSAEYC management and policy-making.
- Support and facilitate the functions of the local Affiliates
- Assist in the formation of new Affiliates (as needed)
- Act as liaison between local affiliates and the Executive Committee
- Act as parliamentarian at Executive Committee, Executive Board and Governing Board meetings
- Assume the presidency in the event of a vacancy (in the years when there is no President Elect)
- Preside at all NYSAEYC meetings in the President’s absence
- Attends all State Board meetings
- Registers for Annual NYSAEYC State Conference for general support, networking and to offer
assistance to Affiliates
- Serves as a liaison between NYSAEYC and community, promoting membership and clarifying
NYSAEYC and the group’s purpose and activities
- Orients the incoming officer to the duties of the position upon retirement from office. Passes on the
documents of that office and provides additional support as necessary
Vice-President is an elected position.
Member of the Executive Committee.
Attendance at the Annual Conference, Fall Retreat and State Board meetings will require traveling to a destination within the state.
Maintain active membership in NAEYC and NYSAEYC.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the President, President-Elect (when this position is occupied). Past President (when this position is occupied) Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Ability to promote the mission, vision, and values of NYSAEYC.
Passion for Early Childhood Education.
Leadership experience with local AEYC affiliate.