New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
DIVISION: Executive Board
ORGANIZATION: New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
Maintain financial integrity of NYSAEYC
- Work with the Executive Director and the bookkeeper to prepare monthly status reports for the
President and Finance Committee.
- Monitor financial record keeping and routine transactions associated with income and expenditures.
- Monitor and make recommendations to the President and the Finance Committee on fiscal policies
- Assist the President, Finance Committee and Executive Director in the preparation, implementation
and revision (when necessary) of the budget.
- Oversees development of monthly and annual financial reports including report of income,
expenses, investments and balances
- Oversees filing of federal and state tax forms
- Attends all State Board meetings and submits a written and oral report at each State Board meeting
and an annual written report including activities and an evaluation of the position to the Governing
Board at the conclusion of the fiscal year.
- Registers for Annual NYSAEYC State Conference for general support, networking and to offer
assistance to Affiliates.
- Serves as a liaison between NYSAEYC and community, promoting membership and clarifying
NYSAEYC and the group’s purpose and activities.
- Orients the incoming officer to the duties of the position upon retirement from office. Passes on the
documents of that office and provides additional support as necessary.
Treasurer reports directly to the President and Executive Director
Member of the Executive Committee
Appointed by the President
Work is primarily performed through email, meetings and conference calls. Attendance at the Annual Conference, Fall Retreat and State Board meetings will require traveling to a destination within the state.
Maintain active membership in NAEYC and NYSAEYC.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the President, President-Elect (when this position is occupied), Past President (when this position is occupied) Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
CPA or experienced in financial practice