New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
POSITION: Recording Secretary
DIVISION: Executive Board
ORGANIZATION: New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
Document official business of Executive Committee, Executive Board and Governing Board of NYSAEYC
- Keep a proper record of all meetings of the Board
- Ensures timely distribution of minutes of all meetings.
- Perform such duties as may be assigned
- Minutes of Board meetings shall be duplicated and mailed to Governing Board within 30 days
following the meeting
- Registers for Annual NYSAEYC State Conference for general support, networking and to offer
assistance to Affiliates.
- Serves as a liaison between NYSAEYC and community, promoting membership and clarifying
NYSAEYC and the group’s purpose and activities.
- Upon retirement from office, orient the incoming officer to the duties of the position, pass on the
documents of that office and provide additional support as necessary.
Recording Secretary reports directly to the President and Executive Director.
Member of the Executive Committee
The position of Recording Secretary is an elected position.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the President, President-Elect (when this position is occupied).
Past President (when this position is occupied) Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Attendance at the Annual Conference, Fall Retreat and State Board meetings will require traveling to a destination within the state.
Maintain active membership in NAEYC and NYSAEYC.
Excellent communication skills
Ability to promote the mission, vision, and values of NYSAEYC.