New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
DIVISION: Executive Board
ORGANIZATION: New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
Lead NYSAEYC in management and policy-making functions
- Call, set agenda for, presides at all Executive Committee, Executive Board and Governing Board
- Perform all duties usually pertaining to the office
- Act as ex officio member of all committees except Governance Committee
- Appoint all standing & ad hoc special committees chairpersons w/ approval of Executive
- Supervises preparation of annual report at the conclusion of each fiscal year, presented to
the Governing Board and membership.
- Represents the NYSAEYC in professional and public settings
- Coordinates state committee activities
- Oversees the operation of the State office
- Supervise the Executive Director
- Attends all State Board meetings and submits a written and oral report at each State Board
- Registers for Annual NYSAEYC State Conference for general support, networking and to offer
assistance to Affiliates.
- Serves as a liaison between NYSAEYC and community, promoting membership and clarifying
NYSAEYC and the group’s purpose and activities.
- Orients the incoming officer to the duties of the position upon retirement from office. Passes on
the documents of that office and provides additional support as necessary.
Serves one term as President-Elect, two terms as President and one term as Past-President
Elected by the membership
Oversees Executive Committee and Executive Board
The Executive Committee is comprised of the President, President-Elect (when this position is occupied).
Past President (when this position is occupied) Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Work is primarily performed through email and conference calls. Attendance at the Annual Conference,
Fall Retreat and State Board meetings will require traveling to a destination within the state.
Maintain active membership in NAEYC and NYSAEYC.
- Previous experience on the state AEYC board
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to promote the mission, vision, and values of NYSAEYC.