Position Available at Children’s Institute
Children’s Institute is recruiting qualified Environmental Rating Scale (ERS) observers for their work with early childhood programs across New York State.
Please take a look at the full job description HERE!
Qualifications include minimum five years of experience in early childhood education, documented proficiency and reliability in one or more of the ERS tools (ECERS-R, ITERS-R, FCCRS-R) as well as professional and interpersonal skills including, but not limited to:
- Objectivity; ability to observe and report in a non-biased way
- Thoroughness: ability to be accurate in documentation
- Timeliness: Follow through with timely submission of reports as well as punctuality
- Confidentiality: Respect for the process and all participants
- Ability to learn and willingness to incorporate new information
- Willingness to work on co-observations for inter-rater reliability.
- Consistency in following prescribed Children’s Institute protocols and procedures
- Ability to complete observations within 5 weeks of receiving assignments
- Ability to complete observations this year and in future years
- Flexibility in observation scheduling
- Willingness to travel, if necessary
- Excellent communication skills
If interested please send a resume and documentation of reliability in ERS tool(s) to: