The New York State Association for the Education of Young Children’s mission is to promote excellence in early care and education services for NYS children and families through education, advocacy and the support of the profession.
NYSAEYC fulfills this mission by offering you resources for:
- Learning – featuring our annual conference, a premier event that offers over 200 workshops presented by the country’s top experts in the field of early education. As an NYSAEYC member, you are entitled to significantly discounted registration fees for this widely respected event.
- Networking – by joining the NYSAEYC, you will be joining your colleagues throughout New York State that work every day to enhance the early childhood profession. Membership in NYSAEYC automatically provides you with membership in the National organization, as well as your local chapter providing you with opportunities to network on a regional, statewide and national level.
- Teaching Practices – Through our conference, local and national meetings, you will have access to teaching methods being used throughout the country.
- Information – Our quarterly publication, The Reporter, provides you with timely information on issues affecting the early childhood profession and provides meaningful articles that can help you work more effectively. You will also receive the national publication, Young Children, the premier publication for the early childhood workforce.
- Accreditation – NYSAEYC can provide you with guidance on the accreditation process and link you with professionals in your area who will assist you organizing yourself and your center for this important professional standard.
- Advocacy – Through our collective efforts, NYSAEYC and its members advocate for improvements in early childhood education and legislative policies that will enhance our efforts to provide better educational experiences for our children. By becoming a member of NYSAEYC, you are lending your voice to our efforts to advance the profession.