At Large Member
New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
POSITION: At Large Member
DIVISION: Executive Board
ORGANIZATION: New York State Association for the Education of Young Children
The At-Large Member is charged with broadening the expertise of the Governing Board and acting as a liaison between the at-large membership and the Governing Board.
- Ensure that the at-large membership* are represented and being well served by NYSAEYC
- Serve on ad hoc committees as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- Attends all State Board meetings and submits a written and oral report at each State Board
- Registers for Annual NYSAEYC State Conference for general support, networking and to
offer assistance to Affiliates.
- Orients the incoming officer to duties of the position upon retirement from office. Passes
on the documents of that office and provides additional support as necessary.
Attendance at the State Annual Conference, Fall Retreat and State Board meetings will require traveling to a destination within the state.
Maintain active membership in NAEYC and NYSAEYC.
Ability to promote the mission, vision, and values of NYSAEYC.
Preferably from at-large membership and/or willingness to represent their interests
* At large membership refers to those areas of the state without an affiliate chapter.